*Constructed in 1904 at the corner of Jackson and Prior streets, it was originally a Lutheran Church.
*The building was purchased in 1918, through the leadership of local resident Nora Hendrix and circa 1921 opened as The African Methodist Episcopal Fountain Chapel; becoming the spiritual and social heart of the community.
*The first minister to serve was Reverend Ulysses S. Robinson, who arrived in Canada in October, 1921 (1888-1947). Reverend Robinson was the longest serving minister.
*While today it is a private residence, it was designated as a Heritage Property by the City of Vancouver in 1994.